[Python-Dev] [Announcement] New mailing list for code quality tools including Flake8, Pyflakes and Pep8

Ian Cordasco graffatcolmingov at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 14:45:20 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM, Alfredo Solano Martínez <asolano at icai.es> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are you planning to cover the code quality of the interpreter itself
> too? I've been recently reading through the cert.org secure coding
> practice recommendations and was wondering if there has is any ongoing
> effort to perform static analysis on the cpython codebase.

Hey Alfredo,

We do not currently have any tools to do that, but it would definitely
be something interesting to discuss and maybe design on the list. I'm
sure there are static analysis tools for the C part and I'm sure we as
a community could come up with a "super tool" to check both the C and
Python parts of CPython.

--
Ian