[Python-Dev] The end of 2.7

Gregory P. Smith greg at krypto.org
Sun Apr 7 00:21:10 CEST 2013

I agree with Benjamin though is it really necessary to do two 2.7 releases
a year for the last two years?  that's rather rapid (but as the release
manager its your call).

A few of us (sorry I forgot who all was there though I think Martin was?)
had a discussion at PyCon a few weeks ago and seemed to think that a state
of affairs where a 2.7.5 release one year-ish from now would be fine as the
last _binary_ release but that continuing to make a 2.7.6 and beyond as
source only releases was reasonable.

Regardless, the 5 years of 2.7 supported releases plan still makes sense
regardless of release binaries being available for windows and mac or not.

-gps