[Python-Dev] The end of 2.7

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Apr 7 10:11:03 CEST 2013

On 07/04/13 17:52, Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
> If they never migrate on the premises of python 3 being a better
> language what does it say about python 3?

Very little. People stick with languages for all sorts of reasons,
including:

- It's what I know
- I don't like change
- That's what the client insists on
- That's what my boss insists on
- That's what the vendor provides
- That's what my web host provides
- I really love language X, but I need this *one* library that's only
   available on language Y, so I'm stuck

I stuck with Python 1.5 for seven or eight years, and didn't migrate to
Python 2 until 2.3. Why? Because that's what came standard on my Linux
distro of choice.

--
Steven