[Python-Dev] Multiline Strings confusion it tutorial

Christian Tismer tismer at stackless.com
Sat Apr 13 00:58:30 CEST 2013

I wanted to point a bling guy to the Python wiki:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide/Programmers/SimpleExamples#preview

and when reading a little bit, I found the entry on multiline strings.

I found that example pretty contorted, because this is not a multiline
string.
Instead, there are multiple lines which define a single line string!
Actually, the construct is even syntactically nothing else than a single
line string which is handled by the parser, already.

A multiline string is IMHO a string which value covers multiple lines,
after whatever
pre-processing was done. I don't think the given example is very helpful,
but adds confusion.

Where would I add such a complaint, usually?
Or should I simply fix it?

cheers - chris

phone +49 173 24 18 776  fax +49 (30) 700143-0023