[Python-Dev] slow hg clone of python repo?

Sean Felipe Wolfe ether.joe at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 01:17:27 CEST 2013

Hey everybody, I'm trying to download the python sources with hg and
it's taking a while ... 7+ minutes so far and all I've got is
.../cpython and .../cypython/.hg . Any ideas as to why there's a
delay?

I'm following the dev guide with this command:
hg clone http://hg.python.org/cpython

I'm on Linux Mint 14, using the supplied hg version 2.2.2 . My
internet connection seems speedy enough.

TIA!
Sean

--
A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write,
if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself.