[Python-Dev] enum discussion: can someone please summarize open issues?
ethan at stoneleaf.us
Sun Apr 28 21:32:20 CEST 2013
SPRING = 1
SUMMER = 2
AUTUMN = 3
WINTER = 4
days_in_year = 365
return (75, 92, 66, 33)[int(self)+1] # enums are 1-based
- should enum items be of the type of the Enum class? (i.e. type(SPRING) is Seasons)
- should an enum item be selectable via __call__ instead of __getitem__ (i.e. Seasons(3) is AUTUMN)
- should days_in_year be enumerated?
- should avg_temp be enumerated?
- for the above two, how should they be included/excluded?
More information about the Python-Dev