[Python-Dev] enum discussion: can someone please summarize open issues?

Ethan Furman ethan at stoneleaf.us
Mon Apr 29 04:57:38 CEST 2013

On 04/28/2013 07:10 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> @Ethan: I have real trouble sympathizing with your point of view
> because you consistently pluralize your Enum names.  AUTUMN *is not* a
> SeasonZZ, it is an element of the *collection* Seasons.  OTOH, AUTUMN
> *is* a Season (look Ma, no ZZ!)

I would hope that you would pay more attention to my arguments and rationale than to poorly chosen names.  The way
English does things is not the only way things are done.

As it happens, I agree with you, and changed (and will change) all mention of Seasons to Season, and WeekDays to
WeekDay, etc., etc., in my responses.

--
~Ethan~