[Python-Dev] PEP 8 modernisation

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Aug 1 22:35:10 CEST 2013

On 8/1/2013 10:48 AM, Alexander Shorin wrote:
> I understand this, but I'm a bit confused about fate of lambdas with
> such guideline since I see no more reasons to use them with p.9
> statement: long lines, code duplicate, no mock and well tests etc. -
> all these problems could be solved with assigning lambda to some name,
> but now they are looks useless (or useful only for very trivial cases)

I do not understand most of that, but...
The guideline is not meant to cover passing a function by parameter
name.  mylist.sort(key=lambda x: x[0]) is still ok. Does "Always use a
def statement instead of assigning a lambda expression to a name." need
'in an assignment statement' added?

--
Terry Jan Reedy