[Python-Dev] objections to renaming enumobject.h/c in 3.4?

Eli Bendersky eliben at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 05:47:20 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I was looking around the Objects directory and noticed that we have
enumobject.h/c with the enumobject structure for "enumerate" and
"reversed". This is somewhat confusing now with Lib/enum.py and will be
doubly confusing if we ever decide to have a C implementation of enums.

Any objections to renaming the files and the internal structure & static
functions with s/enum/enumerate/ ? This would more accurately reflect the
use of the code, and avoid confusion with enums. These structures/types are
not part of the stable ABI defined by PEP 384.

Eli