[Python-Dev] Make extension module initialisation more like Python module initialisation

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 09:09:45 CEST 2013

On 6 August 2013 16:03, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
> Seriously, wouldn't python-dev be just fine for this? It's not like the
> import system is going to be rewritten for each minor release from now on.

We currently use it whenever we're doing a deep dive into import
system arcana, so python-dev only needs to worry about the question
once it's a clearly viable proposal. I think the other thread will be
quite relevant to the topic you're interested in, since we hadn't even
considered extension modules yet.

Cheers,
Nick.