[Python-Dev] Our failure at handling GSoC students

Fred Drake fred at fdrake.net
Tue Aug 6 22:07:28 CEST 2013

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> I definitely agree, but this is part of our failure too.

I'd say this is strictly our failure, not the students'.  This isn't
really a new problem, I don't think, though the shape of this collection
of patches makes it obvious.

I haven't been active with GSoC the last couple of years, but if we don't
have any sort of guide for mentors, we probably should, and this is an
issue that should be mentioned as one that requires discussion with the
students.  That's our role as a community and as mentors when it comes to
GSoC.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fred at fdrake.net>
"A storm broke loose in my mind."  --Albert Einstein