[Python-Dev] PEP 450 adding statistics module

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Thu Aug 15 03:25:55 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I have raised a tracker item and PEP for adding a statistics module to the standard library:

http://bugs.python.org/issue18606

http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0450/

There has been considerable discussion on python-ideas, which is now reflected by the PEP. I've signed the Contributor Agreement, and submitted a patch containing updated code and tests. The tests aren't yet integrated with the test runner but are runnable manually.

Can I request that people please look at this issue, with an aim to ruling on the PEP and (hopefully) adding the module to 3.4 before feature freeze? If it is accepted, I am willing to be primary maintainer for this module in the future.

Thanks,

--
Steven