[Python-Dev] please back out changeset f903cf864191 before alpha-2

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Sat Aug 24 01:26:08 CEST 2013

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 00:57:48 +0200
Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ticket 17741 has introduced a new feature in the xml.etree.ElementTree
> module that was added without any major review.
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue17741

As I've already indicated on the tracker, I'm completely saturated
with Stefan's qualms about a minor API addition and I'm not willing to
process anymore of them. Hence I won't respond to the bulk of his
e-mail.

But I still want to clarify that claiming that the feature was "added
without any major review" is outrageous and manipulative. Perhaps
Stefan thinks that an ElementTree code review not by him (but, for
example, by Eli, who currently maintains ElementTree) is not "major".
Well, good for him. His best chance to influence the development
process, though, is to contribute more, not harass active developers.

Regards

Antoine.