[Python-Dev] cpython: Issue #17741: Rename IncrementalParser and its methods.

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Aug 31 05:06:19 CEST 2013

On 8/30/2013 9:37 PM, Ryan Gonzalez wrote:
> I still think non-blocking sounds network-related...

But it isn't ;-). Gui apps routinely use event loops and/or threads or
subprocesses to avoid blocking on either user input (which can come from
keyboard or mouse) and maybe disk operations and calculations. For
instance, if it became possible to run the test suite from Idle, it
would need to be non-blocking so one could continue to edit while the
tests run (15-20 min on my machine, divided by number of cores).

--
Terry Jan Reedy