[Python-Dev] Completing the email6 API changes.

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Aug 31 17:18:59 CEST 2013

R. David Murray writes:

 > Full validation is something that is currently a "future
 > objective".

I didn't mean it to be anything else. :-)

 > There's infrastructure to do it, but not all of the necessary knowledge
 > has been coded in yet.

Well, I assume you already know that there's no way that can ever
happen (at least until we abandon messaging entirely): new RFCs will
continue to be published.  So it needs to be an extensible mechanism,
a "pipeline" of checks (Barry would say a "chain of rules", I think).

Enjoy your trip!