[Python-Dev] Add Gentoo packagers of external modules to Misc/ACKS

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Mon Dec 9 16:59:29 CET 2013

On Mon, 09 Dec 2013 10:22:18 -0500, John Wong <gokoproject at gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like a human to me instead, or some kind of smart AI. look he just
> responded again.

Could be.  He's never responded to a direct question on the bug tracker,
though, just posts a new comment with some loose connection to the first
comment, as happened here.

So human or not, his "contributions" on the bug tracker did not have any
utility.  He's also never talked about anything other than the ACKS file,
and given the absence of response to questions on the existing issue,
we viewed the opening of new issues as spam, and therefore disabled
the account.  Someone from another project reported similar problems
on that project, and a google search did not turn up any *meaningful*
contributions anywhere that I could find.

If he'll engage us in a real conversation, this could of course be
changed :)

--David