[Python-Dev] Request to release new version of python-defaults with ppc64le support

Narasimhan V sim at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Sun Dec 29 14:09:56 CET 2013

Hi,

I am working on a new architecture - ppc64le (powerpc 64-bit Little
Endian) and I was building python-defaults. I  picked up the release
tarball from the following link
(http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.6/Python-2.7.6.tgz) and built on
our ppc64le environment and I find that package python-defaults failed
to build due to an outdated config.guess.

A fix for config.guess with ppc64le support is available at :
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=config.git;a=blob_plain;f=config.guess;hb=HEAD

Could you please spin a new version of python-defaults by using the
above mentioned config.guess.

Thanks,
Narasimhan V
IBM Linux Technology Centre.