[Python-Dev] cpython (2.7): - Issue #17086: Backport the patches from the 3.3 branch to cross-build

Antonio Cavallo a.cavallo at cavallinux.eu
Sat Feb 2 16:55:49 CET 2013

I personally agree that huge changesets aren't good. But I can also see
the problem of cross compiling should be sooner or later addressed.

I'm fairly interested in cross building python on android too.

A point to support cross compiling (instead native build arm-on-arm)
could be android doesn't provide (to my knowledge) a native toolchain:
that's a quite large target.

And assuming arm equals unix so there's always an installed or
installable compiler on it is not always the case.

If I can suggest a simple solution that'd be a simple makefile to
compile python (I have one on my own): no "configure" magic involved
more akin to the windows build style (yes, I've just said the W* word).

I hope this helps,
antonio