[Python-Dev] BDFL delegation for PEP 426 (PyPI metadata 1.3)

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 14:20:03 CET 2013

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 11:04 PM, Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> wrote:
> MvL raised this concern last time the wheel format was discussed, and, to date,
> nothing has happened to address it.

My apologies to Daniel, it appears I misremembered this part of the
previous discussion. Daniel assures me MvL was objecting primarily to
the use of one particular crypto algorithm (which was subsequently
removed from the PEP), rather than the use of JWS in general.

That said, my own concerns about relying on an Internet Draft (when
the IETF specifically say not to do that) remain. It just means
they're a new issue, rather than one continuing over from the previous
discussion.

Cheers,
Nick.