[Python-Dev] BDFL delegation for PEP 426 (PyPI metadata 1.3)

Simon Cross hodgestar+pythondev at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 21:00:29 CET 2013

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 9:42 PM, Daniel Holth <dholth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Bento is the only available packaging tool to heap praise onto and it is
> impressive.

If Bento is cool, is there some way we can help it gain more traction
in the Python ecosystem? Not necessarily by incorporating it into
stdlib, but perhaps by officially sanctioning it in other ways
(documentation, PyPI, perhaps getting some helpful hooks / tweaks to
Python itself)?

I don't know the answer to these questions, but if there is a good
solution out there, it would be cool to throw our community weight
behind it.

Schiavo
Simon