[Python-Dev] help with knowledge on how to find which release a fix will land in

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe tshepang at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 14:17:47 CET 2013

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> On 08/02/2013 11:17, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
>>
>> Le Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:58:36 +0000,
>> Chris Withers<chris at simplistix.co.uk>  a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Where would I look to find out which release a fix for an issue
>>> (http://bugs.python.org/issue15822 if you're interested ;-)) will
>>> land in?
>>

>> Just read that issue's comments and you'll know in which branches the
>> fix was committed.
>

> Indeed, so it's on the 2.7, 3.2 and default (3.3) branches, but how would I
> find out which release it will be in?
>
> I would hope 3.3.1, but how can I check?
> What's the next 3.2.x release?

Have a look at http://docs.python.org/devguide/triaging.html#priority.
That page says that the issue you are interested in has too low a
priority (high) to determine which release it will be in; that is if
you are just looking at the issue report, but you can always poke
those involved in that issue.