[Python-Dev] A new webpage promoting Compiler technology for CPython

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Sat Feb 16 09:03:12 CET 2013

Nick Coghlan, 16.02.2013 08:49:
> Yes, the PyPy team and scientific users of Python have a long history
> of talking past each other (and abusing each other for the mutual lack
> of understanding). However, that's no excuse for deliberately ignoring
> the advantages JIT compilation can bring

No-one's ignoring that. Philip already mentioned Numba, for example. The
only question is whether this needs to happen outside of the existing
ecosystem, or if we can't just embrace the 95-to-5 rule and use the right
tools just for the performance critical bits of our code, without
sacrificing what we achieved in the last 20 years.

Stefan