[Python-Dev] Rationale for different signatures of tuple.__new__ and namedtuple.__new__

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Feb 18 21:24:06 CET 2013

Later today you posted "Differences creating tuples and
collections.namedtuples" on python-list.
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general/726849

That *is* the proper place to make observations about current Python and
ask questions about why it is the way it is and how to work around
features that get in your way. So I will answer there, if I think more
needs to be said, after reading the multiple current responses. Anyone
else should do the same.

--
Terry Jan Reedy