[Python-Dev] Built with VS2012 Express for desktop

rahul garg rahulgarg at live.ca
Tue Feb 19 19:37:15 CET 2013

Hi.

I downloaded Python 3.3 source, opened up the solution in VS2012 Express for Desktop and built the "python" subproject using "Release" and "x64" configurations.  I now have a "python.exe" in the PCBuild/amd64 subfolder that appears to be working as far as i can see.

I have a few questions:
a) Is there a test suite that I can run to verify that the build is working fine?

b) I now intend to build some extensions (such as NumPy). Not sure if this is the right list, but would I need to modify something in distutils to get it working with VS2012?

thanks,
Rahul