[Python-Dev] request._parse

Demian Brecht demianbrecht at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 20:36:22 CET 2013

Hope this question belongs here and not in python-ideas, but I'm
curious about _parse in the Request object. Specifically, why it was
decided to write a custom parse function when the likes or urlparse or
urlsplit do essentially the same thing. Doesn't really seem DRY to
me.. I was going to change this to use one of the aforementioned
functions and submit a patch, but wanted to see if there was any
rational behind this that I wasn't seeing.

Yes, it's a very minor issue. Call me a stickler for things like this :)

--
Demian Brecht
http://demianbrecht.github.com