[Python-Dev] cffi in stdlib

Richard Oudkerk shibturn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 12:45:14 CET 2013

On 27/02/2013 9:21am, Maciej Fijalkowski wrote:
>> >That's somehting that will have to be resolved before cffi can be included in the stdlib, fat binaries are supported by CPython and are used the binary installers.
>> >
>> >Ronald
> if cpython supports it and you can load it using dlopen, it does work
> then (it really is just building a C extension on the API level).

On Windows ctypes has CDLL for libraries using the cdecl calling
convention and WINDLL for libraries with the stdcall calling convention.

I can't see any similar distinction in cffi's documentation.  Can cffi
magically work out which calling convention to use, or are you
restricted to the cdecl calling convention?

--
Richard