[Python-Dev] Python Language Summit at PyCon: Agenda
michael at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Feb 27 17:51:16 CET 2013
PyCon, and the Python Language Summit, is nearly upon us. We have a good number of people confirmed to attend. If you are intending to come to the language summit but haven't let me know please do so.
The agenda of topics for discussion so far includes the following:
* A report on pypy status - Maciej and Armin
* Jython and IronPython status reports - Dino / Frank
* Packaging (Doug Hellmann and Monty Taylor at least)
* Cleaning up interpreter initialisation (both in hopes of finding areas
to rationalise and hence speed things up, as well as making things
more embedding friendly). Nick Coghlan
* Adding new async capabilities to the standard library (Guido)
* cffi and the standard library - Maciej
* flufl.enum and the standard library - Barry Warsaw
* The argument clinic - Larry Hastings
If you have other items you'd like to discuss please let me know and I can add them to the agenda.
All the best,
May you do good and not evil
May you find forgiveness for yourself and forgive others
May you share freely, never taking more than you give.
-- the sqlite blessing
More information about the Python-Dev