[Python-Dev] Python Language Summit at PyCon: Agenda

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Feb 28 04:37:49 CET 2013

On Feb 27, 2013, at 11:33 AM, fwierzbicki at gmail.com wrote:

>I am suggesting that we push forward on the "shared library" approach to the
>files in the Lib/* directory, so that would certainly include IronPython and
>PyPy as well I hope.

+1

>The easy part for Jython is pushing some of our "if is_jython:" stuff
>into the appropriate spots in CPython's Lib/.

I wonder if there isn't a better way to do this than sprinkling is_jython,
is_pypy, is_ironpython, is_thenextbigthing all over the code base.  I have no
bright ideas here, but it seems like a feature matrix would be a better way to
go than something that assumes a particular Python implementation has a
particular feature set (which may change in the future).

-Barry