[Python-Dev] Please review simple patch for IDLE documentation last updated 11/28/2012

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Fri Jan 4 16:23:01 CET 2013

On Fri, 04 Jan 2013 10:04:14 -0500, Todd V Rovito <rovitotv at gmail.com> wrote:
>      I submitted a simple patch for updates to IDLE's documentation
>      http://bugs.python.org/issue5066 and it has not been reviewed by
>      an official Python developer.  Since it is now been over 1month
>      since last update can somebody please review and or commit?  I
>      did get some comments from another contributor and updated the
>      patch based on those comments.  The original bug was opened in
>      2009 and the IDLE documentation is out of date with undocumented
>      menu options and inconsistencies between the help file and the
>      HTML documentation.  I hate to be pushy but I would like to see
>      some progress made on IDLE.  Thanks for the support.

IMO it isn't pushy to ask about an issue that seems ready but on which
no action has been taken for an extended period.  It could be that the
nosy committers have just forgotten about it.

In the future, it best way to approach this situation (patch that seems
ready but no action has been taken) is to ping the issue first, and if
you don't get a response after a few days, to post here as you did.

--David