[Python-Dev] test failed: test_urlwithfrag

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jan 5 02:03:42 CET 2013

On 1/4/2013 5:59 PM, Elli Lola wrote:
> Dear python team,
>
> I never used python before and installed it today the first time, so I
> have no idea what to do about this failure:

This current-version usage question should have been directed to
python-list. pydev is only for discussion of future versions. (And if
you are in doubt, start with python-list.)

However,

> $ ./python -m test -v test_urlwithfrag

There is no such module in the test package. Hence

> ImportError: No module named 'test.test_urlwithfrag'

Believe error messages.

Look in Lib/test/test_* for the test modules you can run. I tried
(interactively, much easier on windows)

 >>> import test.test_urllib as t; t.test_main()
 >>> import test.test_urllib_response as t; t.test_main()
 >>> import test.test_urllib2 as t; t.test_main()

and they all work. The other test_urllib* modules are
test_urllibnet
test_urllib2net
test_urllib2_localnet

If you get a failure from actually running a test, post on python-list,
with the headers you did post here, and ask if it seems to be a problem
with your build or python itself. You can also check the tracker to see
if it is an already known failure. python-list people are generally very
helpful with this sort of thing.

--
Terry Jan Reedy