[Python-Dev] PEP 3156 - Asynchronous IO Support Rebooted

Yuriy Taraday yorik.sar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:55:27 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:

> Changing event loops in the middle of event processing is not a common
>  (or even useful) pattern. You start the event loop and then leave it
> alone.

Yes. It was not-so-great morning idea.

> Yes, 'write' part is good, I should mention it. I meant to say that I
> won't
> > need to explain that there were days when we had to handle a special
> marker
> > at the end of file.
>
> But even today you have to mark the end somehow, to distinguish it
> from "not done yet, more could be coming". The equivalent is typing ^D
> into a UNIX terminal (or ^Z on Windows).

My interns told me that they remember EOF as special object only from high
school when they had to study Pascal. I guess, in 5 years students won't
understand how one can write an EOF. (and schools will finally replace
Pascal with Python)

--

Kind regards, Yuriy.