[Python-Dev] Python 3.4 and Windows XP: just 45 days until EOL

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Jul 12 17:50:49 CEST 2013

You underestimate the reach of XP. For older or underpowered hardware
outside the developed world it is still the de facto choice. And it
definitely is the best version of Windows ever. None of the Win98 crap and
none of the Vista junk.

Telling people to go install Ubuntu is not really fair if others around
them don't or if they need certain software.

--Guido van Rossum (sent from Android phone)