[Python-Dev] Official github mirror for CPython?

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu Jul 25 17:30:45 CEST 2013

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 7:48 AM, Brian Curtin <brian at python.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 9:37 AM, Christian Heimes <christian at python.org>
>> wrote:

>> forks/watches/starts

>> > +1
>> >
>> > Does the PSF have an official account on github? We have one on
>> bitbucket...
>>
>> I don't remember who runs this, and I thought I was in it (maybe just
>> on BB), but: https://github.com/python
>>

> This appears to be a good place, but it doesn't have an actual mirror

Based on the list of people who are members of github.com/python it's as
official as it's going to get (depends on who of that group owns it).

But assuming whomever owns it is okay with hosting a mirror, what exactly
is going to be required to have it updated regularly? Someone is going to
have to write the scripts to pull from the hg repo and then push up to
github else it's just going to end up out-of-date on top of maintaining
whatever setup is devised.