[Python-Dev] Official github mirror for CPython?

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 14:06:55 CEST 2013

On 26 July 2013 21:46, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> Le Fri, 26 Jul 2013 20:51:16 +1000,
> Nick Coghlan <ncoghlan at gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> I believe Hosted is already running 2.0, so that's the one that
>> impressed me.
>
> Strange. Apparently, free trial accounts get a 1.7.1 version:
> "RhodeCode 1.7.1.hosted.4356".
> From my POV, it would need a ton of UI polish before being pleasant
> to use...

I tolerate Bugzilla and Gerrit every work day, which may have affected
my standards for what I judge to be an acceptable user interface ;)

> Also, it's not obvious whether you can integrate your repo with a
> bug tracker and a code review tool.

A self-hosted instance still has Mercurial on the backend, so any
Mercurial based integration should still work, even if it isn't
configurable through the front end.

However, I hadn't actually brought it up previously because I know
there would be a *lot* of work in taking it from "vague notion" to
"concrete infrastructure update proposal with a solid rationale behind
it" and I'm not in a position to do that work myself. I just couldn't
resist mentioning it once the idea of improved GitHub syncing was
brought up :)

Cheers,
Nick.