[Python-Dev] C code coverage report with lcov

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Mon Jul 29 19:58:55 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Christian Heimes <christian at python.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have done some experiments with GCC's gcov and lcov to get the C code
> coverage of our unit test suite. You may find today's report at
>
>   http://tiran.bitbucket.org/python-lcov/

Thanks!

I took a quick poke around and it seems some things are legitimately not
being executed, while others are error conditions that we wouldn't expect
to occur (e.g. memory exhaustion). If we ever decide to get serious about
code coverage (both C and Python code) we may need to have a discussion as
a group about our feelings related to pragmas dictating when code should be
left out of coverage reports.