[Python-Dev] Putting the Mac Build in the Apple App Store

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Tue Jun 4 08:49:02 CEST 2013

On Jun 3, 2013 9:45 PM, "Raymond Hettinger" <raymond.hettinger at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Does anyone know what we would need to do to get Python in the Apple
application store as a free App?

> The default security settings on OS X 10.8 block the installation of the
DMG (or any software downloaded outside the app store).   A number of my
students are having difficulty getting around it will help.

> If we were in the app store, installation and upgrade would be a piece of
cake.

If you need another option, you could try installing Python via Homebrew (
http://brew.sh ). Homebrew itself is also easy to install.
(Although admittedly I haven't tried Homebrew's Python, but my experience
with their other packages has been good.)

Cheers,
Chris