[Python-Dev] PEP 443 Accepted

Markus Unterwaditzer markus at unterwaditzer.net
Wed Jun 5 09:29:14 CEST 2013

As somebody who missed the discussion about it and right now took a quick look at the PEP, i ask myself how subclasses are handled, as i don't see anything about it in the PEP, just support for ABCs.

E.g if

    issubclass(Apple, Fruit)

And i call a function which has registered an implementation for the Fruits type with an object of type Apple, is this implementation used? I assume so, but as said, i don't see it mentioned anywhere.

-- Markus (from phone)