[Python-Dev] cpython (2.7): Fix comment blocks. Adjust blocksize to a power-of-two for better divmod

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Jun 14 10:46:03 CEST 2013

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 07:06:49 +0200 (CEST)
raymond.hettinger <python-checkins at python.org> wrote:
> http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/5accb0ac8bfb
> changeset:   84116:5accb0ac8bfb
> branch:      2.7
> parent:      84095:ca8e86711403
> user:        Raymond Hettinger <python at rcn.com>
> date:        Fri Jun 14 01:06:33 2013 -0400
> summary:
>   Fix comment blocks.  Adjust blocksize to a power-of-two for better divmod computations.

Is there any rationale for changing the heuristic from "fits in a whole
number of cachelines" to "allows fast division by the blocksize"?

I personally would prefer if such changes were justified a bit more
than by a one-liner changeset message without any corresponding open
issue.

Regards

Antoine.