[Python-Dev] backported Enum

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sun Jun 16 07:52:33 CEST 2013

Donald Stufft <donald at stufft.io> writes:

> On Jun 15, 2013, at 10:45 PM, Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> > Is there anything I can do to keep the ‘enum’ package online for
> > continuity but make it clear, to automated tools, that this is
> > end-of-life and obsoleted by another package?
>
> Right now the best you can do is make a note of it. Pep 426 let's you
> do what you want.

Thanks. What specifically in PEP 426 do you mean; how would I make a
note of “this package is end-of-life as is, please migrate to
‘flufl.enum’ instead” using PEP 426 metadata?

--
 \        “There are no significant bugs in our released software that |
  `\         any significant number of users want fixed.” —Bill Gates, |