[Python-Dev] PEP 445: Add new APIs to customize Python memory allocators (second round)
victor.stinner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 13:26:52 CEST 2013
I changed the PEP 445 according to the discussing on python-dev.
Read it online:
* add PyMemAllocatorDomain enum: PYALLOC_PYMEM_RAW, PYALLOC_PYMEM or
- PyMemBlockAllocator structure => PyMemAllocator
- PyMemMappingAllocator structure => PyObjectArenaAllocator
- PyMem_GetMappingAllocator() => PyObject_GetArenaAllocator()
- PyMem_SetMappingAllocator() => PyObject_SetArenaAllocator()
* group get/set functions to only keep 2 functions:
PyMem_GetAllocator() and PyMem_SetAllocator()
* PyMem_RawMalloc(0) now calls malloc(1) to have a well defined behaviour
* PYALLOC_PYMEM_RAW and PYALLOC_PYMEM are now using exactly the same allocator
* Add more references for external libraries
As expected, most changes occurred in the Proposal section.
I also updated the implementation attached to:
Who is going give the final decision on this PEP? Guido? Another candidate?
More information about the Python-Dev