[Python-Dev] End of the mystery "@README.txt Mercurial bug"

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Jun 26 16:05:53 CEST 2013

On 26 Jun, 2013, at 15:39, Barry Warsaw <barry at python.org> wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2013, at 09:04 AM, Eric V. Smith wrote:
>
>> I run 'make distclean' fairly often, but maybe it's just out of habit.
>> If I'm adding/deleting modules, I want to make sure there are no build
>> artifacts. And since I have modified files, a clean checkout won't help
>> (easily, at least).
>
> As do I.  I think it still makes sense for us to include a working distclean,
> especially since it's a very common target for make-based builds.

Sure, but is it necessary to run the find command for removing backup files in make distclean?

When the find command is removed you'd still end up with a tree that's clean enough to perform a build from scratch, although the tree won't be perfectly clean.

BTW. I usually build in a separate directory, that makes cleaning up even easier :-)

Ronald