[Python-Dev] winsound.c fix to support python3

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Jun 29 22:20:59 CEST 2013

On 6/29/2013 11:59 AM, Tamir Friedman wrote:
> Hello,
> My name is Tamir Friedman, and I suggest to fix a bug in PlaySound in
> winsound library. It's doesn't support the SND_MEMORY feature because
> its accepts only "str" and rejects "bytes" type.
> therefore i include the fixed source file:

Thank you for tracking down the source of a problem. Please make an
account at bugs.python.org and open a tracker issue. A post here will
get lost. On the issue, either upload a patch file or describe the
change. As near as I can tell, the description for your change might be:

"winsound.c, line NN in sound_playsound function, is currently
       if (PyArg_ParseTuple(args, "Zi:PlaySound", &wsound, &flags)) {
I think 'Zi' should be changed for 'z*i' because ..."

--
Terry Jan Reedy