[Python-Dev] Difference in RE between 3.2 and 3.3 (or Aaron Swartz memorial)

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Mar 6 14:51:20 CET 2013

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 14:09:54 +0100, =?UTF-8?Q?Mat=C4=9Bj?= Cepl <mcepl at redhat.com> wrote:
> So, in the end, I have went the long way and bisected cpython to
> find the commit which broke my tests, and it seems that the
> culprit is http://hg.python.org/cpython/rev/123f2dc08b3e so it is
> clearly something Unicode related.
>
> Unfortunately, it really doesn't tell me what exactly is broken
> (is it a known regression) and if there is known workaround.
> Could anybody suggest a way how to find bugs on
> http://bugs.python.org related to some particular commit (plain
> search for 123f2dc0 didn’t find anything).

If no issue number is mentioned in the commit message, then chances
are there's no specific issue in the tracker related to that particular
commit.  Normally there will be an issue, but sometimes things are done
without one (a practice we should maybe think about changing).

Most likely the commit's author, Victor Stinner, will see your message
or this one and respond.  That particular change recently came up (by
implication) in another context (unicode singletons...)

--David