[Python-Dev] cpython: Issue #13248: removed deprecated and undocumented difflib.isbjunk, isbpopular.

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Mar 21 06:19:42 CET 2013

On 3/20/2013 2:13 PM, R. David Murray wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 05:23:43 -0700, Eli Bendersky <eliben at gmail.com> wrote:
>> A mention in Misc/NEWS can't hurt here, Terry. Even though it's
>> undocumented, some old code could rely on it being there and this code will
>> break with the transition to 3.4

Will do.

> Note that we also have a list of deprecated things that were removed in
> What's New.
>
> Aside: given the 3.3 experience, I think people should be thinking in
> terms of always updating What's New when appropriate, at the time a
> commit is made.

How does this look? Is ``replacement`` right? Should the subsequent sm
by itself be marked? If so, how?

* :meth:`difflib.SequenceMatcher.isbjunk` and
   :meth:`difflib.SequenceMatcher.isbpopular`: use ``x in sm.bjunk`` and
   ``x in sm.bpopular``, where sm is a SequenceMatcher object.

--
Terry Jan Reedy