[Python-Dev] Simple IDLE issues to commit before Python 2.7.4 release in two weeks on 4/6/2013

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Mar 26 07:40:22 CET 2013

On 3/25/2013 3:30 PM, Todd Rovito wrote:

> http://bugs.python.org/issue7136 Idle File Menu Option Improvement
> http://bugs.python.org/issue17390 display python version on idle title bar
> http://bugs.python.org/issue17511 Idle find function closes after each
> find operation
> http://bugs.python.org/issue6699 IDLE: Warn user about overwriting a
> file that has a newer version on filesystem
> http://bugs.python.org/issue10747 Include version info in Windows
> shortcuts the issue is for 3.x but perhaps simple to implement for
> 2.7?

> http://bugs.python.org/issue2704 IDLE: Patch to make PyShell behave
> more like a Terminal interface

I am waiting for 434 or an alternative to be accepted before pushing any
IDLE patch. I have no interest in bikeshedding a somewhat meaningless,
for IDLE, distinction between behavior and enhancement, nor in being
asked to revert a patch that I tested on multiple versions.

However, I might use your list to select patches for testing on Windows.

--
Terry Jan Reedy