[Python-Dev] mingw32 port

Roumen Petrov bugtrack at roumenpetrov.info
Sun Mar 31 23:26:16 CEST 2013

Matthias Klose wrote:
> [No, I'm not interested in the port myself]
>
> patches for a mingw32 port are floating around on the web and the python bug
> tracker, although most of them as a set of patches in one issue addressing
> several things, and which maybe outdated for the trunk. at least for me
> re-reading a big patch in a new version is more work than having the patches in
> different issues. So proposing to break down the patches in independent ones,
> dealing with:
>
>   - mingw32 support (excluding any cross-build support). tested with
>     a native build with srcdir == builddir. The changes for distutils
>     mingw32 support should be a separate patch. Who could review these?
>     Asked Martin, but didn't get a reply yet.
>
>   - patches to cross-build for mingw32.
>
>   - patches to deal with a srcdir != builddir configuration, where the
>     srcdir is read-only (please don't mix with the cross-build support).
>
> All work should be done on the tip/trunk.
>
> So ok to close issue16526, issue3871, issue3754 and suggest in the reports to
> start over with more granular changes?

I post first part of "split of issue3871" . It is related only to build
of interpreter core.

Second part consist of 23 patches related to build of standard
extensions . 3 of them are reported as separate issue by other users. As
prerequisite is modernization of cygwincompiler.py - ref  issue12641. I
will post after 2-3 weeks remaining 20 granular updates.

Third part is now with only tree updates related to installation (new).

Unlike issue3871 will be supported posix installation scheme as all
users refuse to use windows scheme.

>    Matthias

Roumen