[Python-Dev] PEP 428: stat caching undesirable?

Ben Hoyt benhoyt at gmail.com
Thu May 2 22:49:13 CEST 2013

> Actually, there's Gregory's scandir() implementation (returning a
> generator to be able to cope with large directories) on it's way:
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue11406
>
> It's already been suggested to make it return a tuple (with d_type).
> I'm sure a review of the code (especially the Windows implementation)
> will be welcome.

Ah, thanks for the pointer, I hadn't seen that. Definitely looks like I
should "merge" Betterwalk with it. I'll see if I can spend some time on it
again soon. I'd love to see scandir/iterdir go into Python 3.4, and I'd be
very chuffed if iterdir_stat got in, because that's the one that can really
start speeding up operations like os.walk().

-Ben