[Python-Dev] PEP 379 Python launcher for Windows - behaviour for #!/usr/bin/env python line is wrong

Vinay Sajip vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 4 17:42:28 CEST 2013

Paul Moore <p.f.moore <at> gmail.com> writes:

> code? I was considering trying to put together a patch, but I don't want to
> duplicate effort if you're working on it.</div>

I've taken a quick look at it, but I probably won't be able to make any
changes until the near the end of the coming week. Feel free to have a go;
the place to make changes will be near the call

is_virt = parse_shebang(...)
if (!is_virt) {
}
else {
  /* In here is where the new logic will probably go. */
}

Also, the #define SEARCH_PATH needs to be uncommented to include the
find_on_path function. It also enables searching the path for customised
commands.

Regards,

Vinay