[Python-Dev] PEP 0 maintenance - deferring some currently open PEPs

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Fri May 10 09:14:21 CEST 2013

I'd like to mark a few PEPs that are not currently being actively
considered for 3.4 as Deferred:

 S   286  Enhanced Argument Tuples                                von Löwis
 S   337  Logging Usage in the Standard Library                   Dubner
 S   368  Standard image protocol and class                       Mastrodomenico
 I   396  Module Version Numbers                                  Warsaw
 S   400  Deprecate codecs.StreamReader and codecs.StreamWriter   Stinner
 S   419  Protecting cleanup statements from interruptions        Colomiets
 I   423  Naming conventions and recipes related to packaging     Bryon
 I   444  Python Web3 Interface
McDonough, Ronacher
 S  3124  Overloading, Generic Functions, Interfaces, and ...     Eby
 S  3142  Add a "while" clause to generator expressions           Britton
 S  3143  Standard daemon process library                         Finney
 S  3145  Asynchronous I/O For subprocess.Popen
Pruitt, McCreary, Carlson
 S  3152  Cofunctions                                             Ewing

Obviously, they can be reactivated at any time, but I think it would
be beneficial to have the "Open" list more accurately reflect
proposals that are currently being championed.

I'd also like to mark this one as rejected by Guido at PyCon US 2013
in favour of an updated PEP 436:
 S   437  A DSL for specifying signatures, annotations and ...    Krah

Cheers,
Nick.