[Python-Dev] PEP 0 maintenance - deferring some currently open PEPs

Terry Jan Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri May 10 18:01:57 CEST 2013

On 5/10/2013 3:14 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> I'd like to mark a few PEPs that are not currently being actively
> considered for 3.4 as Deferred:
>
>   S   286  Enhanced Argument Tuples                                von Löwis
>   S   337  Logging Usage in the Standard Library                   Dubner
>   S   368  Standard image protocol and class                       Mastrodomenico
>   I   396  Module Version Numbers                                  Warsaw
>   S   400  Deprecate codecs.StreamReader and codecs.StreamWriter   Stinner
>   S   419  Protecting cleanup statements from interruptions        Colomiets
>   I   423  Naming conventions and recipes related to packaging     Bryon
>   I   444  Python Web3 Interface
> McDonough, Ronacher
>   S  3124  Overloading, Generic Functions, Interfaces, and ...     Eby
>   S  3142  Add a "while" clause to generator expressions           Britton

I had the impression that this had more or less been rejected. I suppose
I could try to dig up the discussion.

>   S  3143  Standard daemon process library                         Finney
>   S  3145  Asynchronous I/O For subprocess.Popen
> Pruitt, McCreary, Carlson
>   S  3152  Cofunctions                                             Ewing

You might also ask the authors if they are still really in favor of them
or have any hope for them, considering whatever discussion occurred, or
whether they have abandoned them (which would mean withdrawn).